Ross was living his life with 350 pounds of his body weight, sleep of just three hours a night, which he used to thought was the fullest.
But his mindset for his life was changed after having two seizures within 24 hours in 2011. This incident helped Ross a lot to completely change his lifestyle. He changed his diet and started doing exercises when his doctors urged him in order to save his life.
After dropping the first 75 pounds from his weight he said, “I’m happy, I’m still losing weight, and now i have started to build hard muscle in places”, in a conversation with Men’s health.
Rick Ross: A Quick Overview
Born on 28thJanuary 1976, Rick Ross is an American rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur, and record executive. He is a respected and prolific artist if we exclude his infamous rivalry with 50 Cent and some legal troubles.
Rick Ross was the first artist who had signed to P. Diddy’s Ciroc Entertainment. He was a subject of a bidding war, received offers from very big labels until he signed a multimillion-dollar deal with Jay-Z’s Def Jam Recordings.
The next year, he dropped his debut album Port of Miami which debuted at the top spot in the U.S. Billboard 200 album chart, with a massive sale of 187,000 units in the first week.
Ross has released his studio albums Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don, God Forgives, I Don’t, Mastermind, Hood Billionaire, Black Market, and Rather You Than Me through his own label Maybach Music Group, founded in 2009.
Along with his singing career, Ross’s weight loss journey also makes headlines.
How Did Rick Ross Lose Weight
Before having seizures in 2011, his daily routine was like- waking up at 4 AM and having 24-ounce steaks in his breakfast and bunches of fast foods all day.
After getting serious about his life, He developed a balanced diet plan with a personal chef. A balanced diet with workout helped him a lot to shed excess weight on his body.
Diet Plan: What he actually Eats!
In his daily diet, he primarily eats kale casserole, salmon, salad, and “giant fruit plates”.
His weight loss diet plan was all about Taking things slowly rather than applying quick fixes that do not long last. Ross was also ready with a cheat sheet, which allowed him to eat fast foods from Checkers and Wingstop that he always loved. But he had restricted it between the hours of noon and 5 PM two to three times a week.
Workout Plan of Rick Ross
Along with having a balanced diet, Ross had started working out with his friends for motivation. He also came up with his version of CrossFit which he used to call “RossFit.” Ross used to go for a warm-up jog for four days a week and then exercise of 30 minutes which includes deadlifts and push-ups.
5 Tips from Rick Ross to Lose Weight
For his fans and followers, Ross came up with 5 unbeatable tips for weight loss. Have a look on what the Rapper Rick Ross advised to his followers-
- Start Today – Ross said that if you actually want to lose your weight then don’t wait for a perfect date or any unfortunate reasons. He added, You do not need to have seizures in order to work on your body to get it fit. 70% of American adults are already overweight.
- Believe In Yourself – Most of the peoples gave up their weight loss journey just because of “lack of self-motivation”. In order to conquer your journey, you must have faith that whatever you are doing is going to reward you a slim body physique.
- Gradual Process is Better Than Rapid – It is okay to lose weight slowly. You really don’t need to starve yourself or have any unnatural things in order to lose weight rapidly. Always try to eat “Real and Healthy Foods” with a habit of regular exercise.
- Plan Your Diet and Workout Routine – Ross suggests removing highly processed foods from your diet. You should add only natural and healthy foods like- rice, egg omelet, oranges, spinach, potatoes, and salmon in your daily diet. A very good workout plan is very important in order to digest whatever you took in your diet.
- Don’t Make It Feel Like Your Job – Last but not least, Ross suggests everyone to not make your weight loss journey feels like a boring job. Just like him, find the foods and workouts that you actually enjoy.
Does Rick Ross Undergone Weight Loss Surgery?
Many celebrities undergo gastric bypass surgery in order to lose weight easily and rapidly. There are lots of rumours speculating all over the internet that Ross’s weight loss is also a result of Gastric Bypass Surgery.
But Ross has completely denied these rumours and speaked everything about his weight loss. He opted only natural ways for his weight loss, even though he was not taking any supplement or pill to lose his weight.
Before and After
If we have a look at the before and after image of Rick Ross then we can clearly notice how nicely he has transformed his body.
Before his weight loss, Ross was known for his large personality but now after shedding 75 pounds from his weight, he looks much slimmer than ever.
Rick Ross is currently 44 Years old but still has maintained his healthy lifestyle and body physique after his weight loss.